Last Friday we got home from our 2 week break/trip to Utah. It was so much fun to see all our family!! We started the vacation out with 4 days of boating up at Pineview Reservoir with Josh's family and as you can tell we had a blast! Tienna even had her first bananna ride with her dad. Here's some of our fun pictures ....
Even grandma got out on the bananna with the kids.
This picture is from our boating trip last summer. Tienna was just 3 weeks old. Looking back I can't believe how tiny she was!
After boating Josh and I went for a quick trip to LA for our anniversary/Mother's Day/Father's Day. Thanks again to both grandma's for watching Tienna for us while we were gone! Josh initially surprised me with Wicked tickets back even before boards so that was one of the highlights of that trip. We also spent an entire day at Disneyland which I have to admit was more fun than I expected. The last time I went to Disneyland I was maybe 10 or 11 .... let's just say that things are quite a bit different than I remember. Josh and I were totally like little kids going from ride to ride all day long - when people ask we say that we had to go to get familiar with Disneyland again so when we take our kids we know where to go. We also did the Hollywood thing, went shopping at the Beverly Center Mall, and spent an afternoon at Universal. Thanks again Josh for the fun little break!
In front of Mann's theater with all of the hand prints of actors. We took more pictures than this but there were just so many people everywhere none of the pictures turned out ok.
This is just about the only part of Disneyland I remember being the same - I think they'll always have the Mickey Mouse made of flowers right inside the main entrance!
Now that we're back to reality, Josh started his first rotation yesterday which just happens to be surgery. He left yesterday morning at about 6:45am to head to the hospital and got home just after 8:00pm. This morning he had to leave at 5:20am and will probably get home around 8:00pm again. From what he's been told this will be the typical hours over the next 4 weeks. It makes me sad that he won't get to see Tienna too much but the good news is that we've heard he gets 3 of the weekends completely off! It's been quite a while since we had a Saturday to just hang out and go do fun things so hopefully we can take advantage of those Saturdays to make it through the long weeks. In the mean time, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself during the days! Tienna and I are both so used to Josh coming home for lunch that yesterday incredibly long without it. If anyone has any great ideas please let me know - we're open to anything!




4 comments:
What a FUN trip! I've never ridden on a banana boat. It looks awesome! You got to see Wicked?--I'm so jealous! And I bet Disneyland all by yourselves was just awesome!
So glad you guys got to have some fun before the rotations started up! I love the two pictures of Tienna - 3 weeks and a year old, isn't it incredible how fast they grow! And I am so happy you guys could have a little getaway just the two of you, how fun!!!
That looks so fun! I can't believe how great your trip looks. Yay for you guys, livin' it up before reality kicked back in. I can't believe how TINY Tienna looks in that picture! What a beautiful healthy girl she is.
Abbie,
Your blog is so cute listing all of Tienna's firsts. She is growing up so fast and is such a cute little girl. The next few weeks sound like they will be very tough and lonely because Josh will be gone alot. It is difficult to find activities to pass the time especially with a one year old in tow. I am always looking for something to break up my day. Arizona is definately too hot to go for a stroll. Maybe you can get together with some other moms that have children Tienna's age and have a pot luck lunch one time a week. It is just nice to talk to real people once in awhile when your husband is absent. It makes the day go by faster. Your blog is so cute I am glad you enjoyed your trip. Take care. We love ya!
Post a Comment