Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What we've been up to ...

I have a confession of something I've realized recently. I love the heat of Arizona. Now I know this summer hasn't been too bad (yet), but I'm really loving it! I know the average person would think more along the lines of "what one earth is there to enjoy about 105 degrees??" I'm not saying that I love going for walks in the middle of the day or anything like that but I love how the heat forces you to relax; you have no choice but to slow down a bit.
Other than that, we've been trying to keep bus. Tienna and I are surviving having Josh gone most of the time. We're so excited that he only has one more week of his surgery rotation, then it's on to OB/GYN. Anyway, we've been going to the pool, the library and watching lots of videos. I had lots of fun little sewing projects the last couple weeks - from pillows to quilt toppers for the ward to curtains. It's good to keep busy!

This is Tienna's friend Audrey. Kim and Ryan moved into the ward almost 2 months ago. Tienna and Audrey are 4 days apart in age and love playing together .... it's been good for Tienna to learn to share and actually start to play with another little person.

This is Tienna's new favorite - Biscuit. Biscuit is a stuffed dog that Josh had as a little boy. Tienna absolutely loves Biscuit and drags him everywhere when we're at home.

Tienna's cheesy smile - I know, my daughter is beautiful. (Hopefully she'll get past this smile soon!)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I didn't realize you took some pictures of the girls! They are SO CUTE TOGETHER! I'm very grateful that Audrey has a good playmate too:-) It has been so much hanging out with you and Tienna...now we just need to get our husbands involved sometime! Maybe a group adventure to Sedona or a baseball game.
Very cute post, by the way! See ya around!

Kim said...

Wow...I can never leave a 'comment' right the first time...squeeze in the word 'fun' between 'so much' and 'hanging'...sorry about that! Have a good day!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

It looks like you are having fun! I am excited to get back. But I won't be coming back for another 4 to 5 weeks.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

Looks like Dane and Tienna have the same smile! it is soo cute! How awesome to have your husband done with all of the studying. I will know how that is one day...

Our Family said...

I really liked what you said about being thankful for the hot weather. I have done a lot of things this last month around our house that I would of done if the weather was nice. It's nice to be able to slow down.