Tienna is growing up so fast and never fails to amaze me. She's starting to get quite good at understanding when I talk to her or ask her for something and has her own little ways of responding that are darling. A while ago I decided to try some basic sign language (you know - typical optimistic first time parent thing). Well, she's finally getting it! It's so cute to have her tell me she's hungry, thirsty, finished, ask for her daddy and everything else. She's also getting quite good at folding her arms during family prayers and holding still for the most part while we read scriptures. I wish I could claim all these ideas as my own but have to admit I've just been taking notes on my sister-in-law Heather. Thanks again for the great example!
Anyway, Tienna's still as much of a daddy's girl as ever and we're both glad Josh has finally finished his 2 weeks of night shifts on his OB/GYN rotation. Though we don't see tons of him now, we saw even less of him when he was working nights and so far (after 2 days) his day shifts aren't too bad at all. Even though Josh is completely exhausted when he gets home he's still so sweet with Tienna and loves all her hugs and kisses.
Here's a couple of pictures of some of Tienna's favorite things .....
Any hat and/or any pair of sunglasses.
Playing on our WiiFit board. She'll dance for a little bit then turn and look at Josh or I for our response. If we cheer or clap she'll just keep going.
And last (but certainly not least) bananas! I daresay that this is Tienna's favorite food. There are days that she'll eat 2 entire bananas all by herself.




9 comments:
Cute blog background! It's so fun when they start to understand things like sign language, huh! I loved that with Caysja. Like Tienna, Caysja also LOVED bananas--and still does to this day!
Ooohh! I love you background! She looks so cute.. i am glad you are teaching her sign language. I want to teach my kids that too- although then i think i need to learn it also!
She is a cute girl! How do you like Wii fit? I'm curious how it is.
We're big fans of baby signing. Keep it up!
You are too kind Abbie. It's a good thing we live far away so you miss all my everyday flaws.:)
Tienna is so cute and growing up so fast. I hope we get to see her (and you and Josh) some time soon.
Thank you for having us over for dinner on Sunday. The food was wonderful and we had a really good time. I can't believe how talented you are, quilting, piano and Guitar Hero. I was very impressed.
she is so cute and so smart! and i can't believe how big she is getting. it was fun hanging out with you guys the other night, thanks again!
How did you do that background? AMAZING! I want to witness Tienna's sign language! I figure she is part mine since her grandma is far away!
All I have to say is your blog is too cute! Tienna is so adorable in those photos!
Post a Comment