I've been a little remiss in keeping up with blogging lately. So, here's an attempt to catch up!
Josh finished his OB/GYN rotation the end of August and I have to admit I'm a perfectly ok that he's decided it's not the field for him. The highlight of the rotation (aside from the 2 weeks of night shifts:) ) was that a baby boy he delivered was named after him! Josh isn't the most unique name but I like to think the parents were just so impressed with Josh they couldn't resist. Now Josh is in the middle of a rotation in Neurology. It's an extremely relaxed rotation - basically he works 8am-noon 3 days each week and 8am-4pm the other 2 with no weekends at all! Tienna and I are loving having him around so much and are going to be sad next month when it won't be quite as easy!!
Tienna is just getting over an annoying virus that seemed to stick around forever! She had fevers for 11 days, canker-type sores all over her entire mouth, swollen gums .... you get the idea. Let's just say she wasn't her usually bubby self and Josh and I are both glad that she's past the worst of it. Last Saturday Tienna even watched the majority of a football game on Josh's lap (yes, he was in heaven!).
I've been keeping busy with Relief Society, school and a sick little girl. It's amazing how quickly your time gets filled up. I'll be very happy when life calms down a bit and gets back into our normal routine. Every day I am overwhelmed by how big Tienna is getting. I absolutely love the stage that she's in right now - it's so great to have a little toddler that can play, interact with other kids and yet still self-entertain! I wish she could stay where she is (my sweet, innocent little cutie) forever! Anyway, for the rest of our catching up .....
Several weekends ago we drove up to Sedona for the afternoon. It was absolutely beautiful! We drove through Oak Creek Canyon and went on a little walk. Josh also conquered the task of teaching Tienna how to dip french frys in ketchup on her own. We're already planning the return trip to visit Slide Rock (we went too late in the day) and do a little more hiking.
On Labor Day we went to a Diamondbacks game with some friends from the ward. We just happened to have the perfect seats - 6 of 8 home runs during the game were hit within about 10 rows of us! It also happened to be the game that one of the D.backs players got whatever it's called with they hit a single, double, triple and home run in the same game (watching Sports Center later I realized how rare this is so I figured I'd mention it!).
Tienna has really started to love books. It used to be that I could read them to her while she would sit in my lap. Now I'll find her in the cutest places turning pages like she's reading on her own. (Yes, on this one she actually climbed into the LoveSac with her book all by herself.)
The other night for dinner we had corn on the cob and Josh had this great idea to just let Tienna have at the entire cob rather than cut off the kernels. Well, she loved it and almost ate 1/2 of the entire cob! (pardon the post-nap hair)
I couldn't resist taking this picture the other day. Do you think there's still hope Tienna will have curly hair? I've always wanted to have a little girl with curly little pigtails.




5 comments:
Tienna's curls are sooo cute! I'm jealous. Looks like you guys have been doing some fun things! Slide Rock is great--you'll have to go back for sure. How awesome that Josh is home more.
I would say you have a 100% chance that she will have curly hair. Loved your post Abbie. I have missed your posts. What job do they have you doing in R.S.? Love all the pictures and I am happy that Josh is around a little more. Tienna is so cute. We would love to see her.. Love ya!!! Jess
AWESOME pictures Abbie! They are absolutely adorable of Tienna:-) I'm happy to hear that she is doing alot better and on the mends. I think Audrey was starting to miss her best bud! We'll have to plan another playdate sometime soon...last time was SO much fun!
She's so darling! I feel terrible that she was sick, especially for SO long! Yay, for Josh being done with OB/GYN rotation. Since my hubby shares the name Josh, I'm also thrilled for the baby being named after him. Mason has those same little curls in the back of his hair and I do hope they stay. I'll cross my fingers that T's do too. I wish you lived closer, since I know that T and M would LOVE each other. They could read books all day together!
Brandy
Oh Abby! Both of my boys had the same virus that Tienna had. It lasted 2 1/2 weeks for us. I totally know how miserable it is, and I can only hope and pray that no one in our families ever gets it again. Tienna is darling. I can't believe how fast she's growing up. It sounds like you guys are doing really well. Take care.
Post a Comment