Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Firsts

This past week has been lots of fun and full of new things for Tienna. We went to the zoo (not a first) and discovered Tienna loves the carousel. She loved the lights, music and movement up and down of her zebra. The zoo is absolutely perfect here this time of year so I'm sure we'll return often!



Our zoo buddies.

Another first, I took Tienna to the dentist this week. I figured since she's had all 16 teeth for a while and I found a peds dentist on our insurance plan we'd go for it. She did awesome! The dentist did a "lap exam" (she sat on my lap), and Tienna let him look at all her teeth, check alignment and even use the mirror. She was definitely rewarded after by the cute dental assistant and came home with a sticker, a new toothbrush, a necklace, a bracelet and a balloon. What kid wouldn't want to go to the dentist with all that to look forward to?

Another first for Tienna happened yesterday when she actually got hurt while playing too hard. She was running around and suddenly I heard a thud followed by a hurt cry (you know, the super high pitched ones that take a minute to get going). I went and found her in the other room and couldn't tell anything was wrong. After holding her for a minute she sat up and sure enough there was blood dripping down her face. Once she got over the initial shock she was ok and I didn't think it would be too bad. This morning when I got her up I noticed this (picture). Yep, my little girl looks like a fighter with a swollen and bruised eye. I'm just grateful this is the first time!

Sunday I realized that I never got a picture of T in her Christmas outfit this year - I guess better late than never!

Now for the final first, Tienna has loved 'jumping' for quite some time. She's started actually getting both feet of the ground at the same time on occasion. First comes the wind-up (pardon the closed eyes, this takes so much concentration!)...

And then the jump (she looks pretty surprised too, don't you think?)

8 comments:

hilary said...

ouch that looks like a nasty bruise! she is one tough little girl!

Kim said...

Cute post Abbie! And double OUCH on poor Tienna's eye:-( That's no fun!
We'll have to all go to the zoo again soon...that was SO much fun! And Audrey LOVES carousel rides too, but who wouldn't, right?!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I am laughing that "she's had all 16 teeth for a while!" Oh man, Lance only has 5, yep 5. And I think he is one of the world's worst teethers... so now I know I still have 11 to look forward too! ;)

Heather said...

She's getting so big. I'm glad she's ok after her fall. I think it's actually kind of nice to get the first bad fall out of the way, then other falls after that aren't so traumatic.:)

Jessie said...

abbie. mom and i are sitting here reading your blog and laughing, out loud. not at the fall, but at tienna's ability to jump, and your clever narratives!

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janessa said...

We love to keep up with what's going on with your cute little family. Tienna is growing SO fast! She looks so cute with her new dress, and even adorable with her owie! She seems so independent and happy in all of her pictures.

Brandy said...

I swear she is so darn cute! Jumping? I have that darling jumping to look forward to? YAY! Mason split his lip this last week, but still never hurt himself that bad. Yikes. I'm nervous for it and can't believe it hasn't happened yet.
How does she have all 16 teeth. My gosh. Can't Mason have ONE thing he's ahead of her on. She's only a couple weeks older. I love her though. I don't know her and I love her to pieces!