Thursday, June 11, 2009

3 Down, 1 To Go

As of last Friday, Josh officially is finished with his 3rd year of medical school - only 1 more to go!! It's hard to believe how long we've been here in AZ, especially when I think about everything that's happened here. Some of the highlights include: Tienna being born, surviving boards last summer, the wonderful ward we happened to move into, the great friends we've been lucky enough to make, going on fun family trips, the fantastic winter months. Congrats sweetie, I'm so proud of you and all your hard work!!



Other than that, Tienna is finished with swimming lessons at the rec center. She's a pro at blowing bubbles, kicking her legs, climbing out of the pool and doing monkey crawls (but still needs a little work on back floats). She absolutely loved the pool before and enjoys it even more now I think. It's nice that she doesn't mind going every single day - there isn't a better way to take a break from the heat!

Yep, she got a little report card and a Popsicle to celebrate completing the class.



This week it's been unseasonably cool for AZ (we're talking low 90's instead of mid 100's). We've enjoyed some serious park time. I think if I were up for it Tienna could swing for hours on end.




Another favorite with the weather - visiting the zoo. This day Tienna was all about the flamingo's (they were actually moving around instead of just sleeping) and the tortoises who were in the middle of a tasty breakfast of grass, lettuce and carrots.

7 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Congrats to Josh! That is so great you put Tienna in swimming lessons. How fun!

Monica Miles said...

Congrats Josh! We need to get together when you come to SLC. I remember that you are coming up soon, but not the exact dates. It could be a fun time to get the old gang together.

Criscell said...

Congrats to Josh--and you!!! It's a team effort for sure. Now we just have to survive boards too...

hilary said...

yay! can you believe how fast it's gone?? crazy! cute pics of tienna and her swimming certificate!

Siri said...

You know how I feel about the last year of school! YIKES!!!
Good job Tienna on swim lessons.

Brandy said...

I don't know who I'm more proud of out of you and Josh. You have been an amazing wife and mother during these last few years (and I actually know you). I think you are both AWESOME!

Victoria Blanchard said...

That's awesome you just have one year left---woohoo!