So we've been here for about 6 weeks and are starting to get the hang of things. Before Josh started we were able to go on a couple of little adventures; one to the mountains, another to the beach, and many to other fun places a little closer to home. Now that Josh has started his intern year, he is getting used to a pretty brutal schedule (there's nothing like starting out in the cardiac ICU!) and us girls are finding things to do to keep us busy while Josh is working.
Of course, the day we went to the beach it ended up being cloudy. Tienna still loved playing in the water and running from the little waves and Kiara was a champ in the Bjorn.
There are lots of parks here in Loma Linda and Redlands. We've managed to find 3 that we love that are all within 5 minutes of our house. It's so nice being able to play at the park even in July!!
This is how Kiara typically enjoys the park :)
Other than that, we spend our days playing lots of games at home (Go Fish and Candyland are the favorites right now), getting books from the library (which isn't nearly as much fun as the Glendale library), dancing/twirling and playing with Kiara. She started laughing a couple of weeks ago and is getting more interactive every day. She loves watching Tienna dance. One day we decided to try to get a picture of her smiling... it was trickier than anticipated but what do you expect with a 3 month old?
Also, I've FINALLY finished my school - all the assignments are in and I'm just waiting for graduation next month. I know, it's seriously taken be forever but I figure better late than never. It took me 10ish years, 3 states, 2 kids and Josh going to medical school... It's such a relief to not have my classes hanging over my head anymore! Now when the kids are sleeping I don't feel guilty reading non-school books, working on crafty stuff or even taking naps during the day. Yea!!
We've also been trying to get to know some new friends better. Tienna still asks to play with her "Arizona friends" every day, but is starting to understand what it means when I tell her they live far away. To be honest, I'm missing Arizona a lot more than I expected too. I've realized I'm not particularly a fan of change but what can you do? We're just taking things one month at a time and I'm sure before we know it residency will be over. It's nice still being relatively close to family and know that we love visitors!
This is Tienna after going to a "Pinkalicious" birthday party today for 3 friends in the ward. She was in heaven!




7 comments:
Congrats on finishing school!
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! What a great accomplishment. And Loma Linda looks fun! I think we should plan a Utah reunion at the end of intern year to celebrate everyone's survival.
You are just awesome! Congrats on graduating. What a huge accomplishment, especially with 2 kids, many states, etc. I am so proud of how supportive you are of your husband's career choice. I can't imagine how much harder YOU work as a result. You both will have so many great memories of these 'hard times'. Kiara is darling and growing up WAY too fast. As always, T is so cute and sweet.
Congrats on finishing school! You are amazing! Good luck with the transition to a new place. I'm not a fan of change either, but before you know it, you'll feel right at home. :) Love you!
Way to go on graduation, Abbie! You are amazing to do it while being a wife and mom. Glad to see you're having fun in CA! We miss AZ a lot too.
Arizona is not the same when everyone is gone. Trust me! We are still here, but are definitely missing all our friends and the way things used to be. Miss you guys!
CONGRATS on graduating, btw! SO exciting!
Hi Abbie!
I just had to take a second to "see" you and your precious family. I am thankful for blogs! It is good to catch up and enjoy your life as much as I can!! Love you! Hugs and kisses to Tienna
Post a Comment