Sunday, April 03, 2011

Spring

I absolutely love spring for many, many reasons. Here's just a few I've been thinking about lately.

  • I LOVE how everything turns bright green; new buds on the trees, little flowers poking out of the dirt, new leaves on bushes, even the evergreen trees seem to be a bit greener.
  • I LOVE feeling the warm sun and knowing that it's just going to get warmer rather than cooler. What can I say, after 4 years of Arizona I'm a bit time warm weather enthusiast.
  • I LOVE being able to enjoy the outdoors more. Whether it's leaving the windows open all day long, driving with the windows down or being able to go to the park without bundling up, after being semi-indoors bound during the winter I look forward to getting out more.
  • I LOVE how excited the girls are to just go play at the park. Every single day Tienna asks to go on walks, the house manages to stay a bit more presentable and Kiara is all about exploring new things so this creates a definite win-win-win situation that makes everyone happy. : )
  • I LOVE Conference. Don't get me wrong, October Conference is wonderful too but for some reason in April it just sets an overall tone for me that lasts for months and helps me resolve to be better and do what I can to become the person I want to be. Somehow it also helps me remember to be more optimistic about life and the circumstances we find ourselves in. 
  • I LOVE having things to look forward to. Spring and summer always means trips to see family, visitors coming to see us and lots of good memories. By knowing these things are on the horizon it helps so I don't feel quite as lonely since we don't live anywhere near any family. 
And just because I find my girls irresistibly adorable and they are the center of my world...

Gotta love the "stinker face" as it is affectionately called at our house.

Tienna's first Twinkie - she was a fan!

Kiara is no longer content being fed, she has to feed herself big girl style.

Tienna is quite the helpful, doting big sister always wanting to entertain Kiara.

Guess who's standing and has even taken a few steps? The countdown is on until she really starts walking!

No comments: