Monday, May 02, 2011

Busy April

April was a busy month for us. Not only was it Kiara's birthday but we had visitors come too. My parents came down the week before Easter and we had a great time. We have had several busy days... Disneyland, running errands, going to the beach, Easter Egg hunt, baking projects with Grandpa, walks, etc. The girls loved all the attention (as always!) and it was nice to have them here while Josh was so busy with work. Here are some of the highlights.

DISNEYLAND!!!








Tienna and grandpa made this cute Easter cake.


Visiting the beach.




Easter Egg hunt and playing at the park.








The day my parents left Josh's sister Kalise and her family came down to enjoy Disneyland for the weekend. We got to see them one night, Tienna and Talmage had a blast together.

Finally, on Easter I decided last minute to drive up to Utah with the girls. Josh had a VERY long week ahead and it was the last week before my sister Jessie moved to Washington DC for her hubby to go to school. By now we're more than used to the 9 hour drive to SLC so the girls and I took off and surprised everyone by showing up Sunday evening. We had lots of fun with Jessie and Steve (and even had a day of snow!) and got back home just in time to enjoy a rare weekend when Josh didn't have to work (as far as I remember there's only been one other weekend with no work since before Thanksgiving...). We miss you already Jessie and Steve!

2 comments:

jeremy and steph said...

Wow...fun month! K, now that I know that you have been to disneyland, (and hopefully have a pass!) you'd better write me back about our upcoming trip! We need some dland buddies :)
Your girls are adorable! I love the family pic of the four of you, love that you are so brave to drive to Utah alone, and if that is your house/backyard I LOVE it! Hope it is :)
p.s. I am just going to pretend I didn't read that right about this being the first weekend Josh has had off since Thanksgiving..uuuughhhh!...doesn't make me too excited for intern year!...but YOU are almost done!!!!...wooot wooot!

Brett and Rachel said...

OMG! Tienna is growing like a weed. She is seriously looking like a kid now! Crazy!

LOVE LOVE those curls, btw!