Friday, May 27, 2011

one of "those" days

Do you ever have "those" kind of days? You know, the ones where your patience seems to run out right around 4:00pm, you have no energy, don't feel like making dinner, the house is a mess, etc... I don't know why but for me they always seem to pop up just before Josh starts another grueling month. (Yep, another ICU month is headed our way in June.) Anyway, yesterday fit into all of the above for me. After dinner, which Josh made, he told me to go out for a bit and not come home until after the girls were down. It was so nice to have time to hear myself think and just breath. When I got home not only were the girls in bed but this is what they had been up to


It just goes to show you that dad is always more fun, even after a long day of work. (Tienna informed me the chalk on their faces is 'makeup'. Not sure if I'm ready for that one yet!)

Just one more picture that makes me smile. Tienna drew this for Josh this morning:
Translation: "Daddy, can I go on a date with you to the new panda movie?" It amazes me how big Tienna is getting, she is growing up WAY too fast!

5 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That's a cute post Abbie! We all need a break sometime! Can I just say WOWSERS Tienna is an amazing writer, very impressive! She was always really advanced!

Victoria Blanchard said...

I hear you, momma. And that note is so sweet!

annie moffat karcher said...

Wow they are soo big! I am very impressed with Tienna's writing and comprehension.
I don't quite have those days yet, but I'm sure they will show up sooner or later.

hilary said...

I think I have one of those days just about every other day! Ha What a sweet hubby & I'm totally impressed with Tienna's handwriting, too! She is growing up too fast. Miss you guys.

Brett and Rachel said...

I LOVE that note! It's SO cute how much kids love their dads.

BTW, your Mexico pics look Uh-mAZ-ing!! So jealous.