Friday, September 30, 2011

A little smile goes a long way

Today marks the beginning of another rotation for Josh. September brought research which I LOVED!! Basically, Josh got to work from home (for once I don't mind the hospital not having research/study areas!), take off days here and there, come to church and still managed to get some solid work done (a couple things should get published soon-ish which will make applying to fellowships a little less stressful!). We were able to fit in a couple trips to Disneyland, swimming in the afternoons and getting things done around the house. I was spoiled rotten to be able to run to the store sans kiddos and plan on making dinner at a set time every day. Oh well, it was a month of luxuries and I enjoyed it. Needless to say, I'm already lamenting that Josh left before the girls got up and will have a call shift every 4 days for the next 2 months. Such is the life of a resident. I came across this picture this morning and couldn't help but smile when I saw it. Maybe I should print it out for my refrigerator for the next couple of months...
I'm so lucky to have little ones that make me smile!

3 comments:

cvtippetts said...

She is soooo adorable!!! Wish we could see you guys!

jeremy and steph said...

Fun updates. So happy for your month of luxury :) You totally deserve it!!! Ahhh, the ups and downs of being a doctor, right?!?!? Hope you survive this month okay...you could always come visit if you get bored!! :)

Jennifer said...

That is so nice you were able to have your hubby home more for a month. You are such a great mom, your girls are so lucky. They are beautiful and have grown up so much! It sounds like you have had a lot of fun in Cali. When you talk about the heat I am jealous because it is already sooo cold here!