Friday, December 05, 2008

So Much to be Thankful For

This year for Thanksgiving we stayed in AZ due to Josh's rotation schedule. On the bright side, we weren't the only students to stick around and Josh ended up actually having all of Thanksgiving day off! After a Turkey Bowl in the morning that was quite chilly by Arizona standards we had a fantastic dinner at the Henderson's. They were kind enough to have a bunch of us over to their house, let all the little munchkins run wild and introduce us to Rock Band. Dinner was great (even better because no one person had to make the entire meal) and Tienna absolutely loved playing with some older kids. Thanks again Sean and Siri for having us over!






I don't know if I could call it a tradition but I think it's enevitable during the holidays to have a moment where you realize how blessed you are. Just to name a very few of mine:
- I'm greatful for Josh, that he's willing to work hard and put in long hours so that I can stay at home and be a mom. I'm also greatful that no matter how crazy his life is he continues to be interested in and supportive of my goals.
- I'm greatful for Tienna and the joy and amazing perspective she brings to my life. It's amazing how you realize what is truly important when you have a child.
- I'm greatful for my healthy body. There's nothing better than enjoying the outdoors in AZ this time of year!
- I'm greatful for our families. I'm so fortunate to not only have a wonderful family and home I was raised in but also to have loving in-laws too.

- I'm greatful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and that we have living prophets to follow today.

- I'm greatful for the scriptures and the precious words they contain.
- I'm greatful that we happened to land in such a great ward here in AZ. It truly feels like home here and I will be very sad when we have to leave!
- I'm greatful for good friends.
- I'm greatful for music and the way it can brighten your day in an instant.
- I'm greatful that Tienna is old enough to get excited by the holidays with all the lights and bright colors. I have a feeling it's going to be a very magical Christmas!

4 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Abbie,
We loved having everyone over and ALL the yummy food that everyone brought. We need to have you over for some more Rock Band. :)
BTW- Are you missing a white bowl? I have one here and I do not know who it belongs to.

Kim said...

Cute pictures Abbie! I LOVE the holidays, and I LOVE how Thanksgiving is another little reminder of how we need to be grateful for ALL of the many blessings we receive:-)
I also really enjoyed your 'shoe' post! I love how they learn how to put shoes and clothes (somewhat) on. Tienna is absolutley ADORABLE!!!

Criscell said...

First of all, I LOVE your family pics!! So cute! Where did you have them done? Sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving! And I loved your thankful list too. Tienna is such a doll. The "shoe" pictures were darling.

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Cute shoe collage. Such a cute little personality.