Sunday, December 07, 2008

Success!

Today we tried out nursery for the first time and it was a SUCCESS! I talked to our ward nursery leader last week to see if it would be ok to bring Tienna (technically she's still a couple weeks away from 18 months), and she said that would be just fine. So, today as I was dropping Tienna off I put her over the little doorway gate, she ran to one of the leaders, climbed up on the little chairs and sat there waiting for everyone. Tienna didn't even look back once. Hopefully next week will go just as well!


A couple pics just for fun...

The other day Tienna was being an absolute pill on errands but there were a couple more I had to get done still. What to do? I didn't want to buy her a treat (for fear the sugar would only make matters worse) so I got her a balloon instead. I must say the 79 cents I spent on that balloon were well worth it. The balloon lasted for 7 days before dying and it kept working as a distraction the entire week.

This is what I get when I tell Tienna to smile sometimes. Isn't she adorable?

The other morning I was finishing up dishes and it got very quiet. I started looking for Tienna and this is what I found. Yep, she's holding an entire roll of toilet paper sitting in front of the Christmas tree.

Such a little ham!

9 comments:

Siri said...

Congrats Abbie! That is HUGE. We are thinking Wednesday night for Rock Band. What do you think?

Kim said...

Hurray for Nursery! I can't wait to take Audrey (you probably could tell why in R.S. today). Maybe we'll try what you did and take her in early...you know...for a test run:-)

john and brenda said...

Totally adorable! And I am so happy she was happy in nursery!

Jessie said...

abbie, josh... your daughter is ADORABLE!!! such a ham (takes after josh??) so abbie, pictures like the ones you just posted would be great for the calendar?... also some with you and josh... etc. or i can just get them from you when you come up if they are on your laptop and you bring it? i'd also love to help with your project.

let me know, i love you!!!

Criscell said...

Ha ha!! I LOVE the toilet paper pics! That is just awesome. What a girl. I tried the balloon trick in a store one time and it DOES work well, doesn't it? I'm so happy for you that nursery went so perfectly! That is awesome.

Brett and Rachel said...

The toilet paper and Christmas tree pictures are classic. Very cute and absolutely hilarious!
And hooray that the nursery hand off went so well!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Abi, I haven't checked blogs for a while, so I am just getting caught up. I LOVE your family pictures. Where did you get them done? I love the way they posed the three of you in the different pictures, so cute! And I love that Tienna is so girly, it's so cute. And the cheesy grin in front of the tree with the top is so classic! What a cutie.

Janessa said...

These pictures are so cute! I love her little personality shining through! Who'd have guessed that a balloon could do the trick?

hilary said...

haha! i love the last picture of her with the toilet paper, that is hilarious! glad nursery went well! she is one of the most outgoing and friendly babies!