So I decided a while ago to transition Tienna off her binky after Christmas. (Before the break she was still taking 2 solid naps 5 days a week and I didn't want to mess with that at all with so much to do before we left!) I figured she'd go down to 1 nap a day over the trip and sure enough she did. With that change already set in place I decided it was time to go for it.
Once we got home it was tough to go binky free with Josh around - daddy is such a softie!! So, with Josh starting Cardiology last Monday I decided it was time to go for it. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday she didn't get a binky for nap time and did just fine. Last night I decided to add bed time and it only took her maybe 5 minutes to calm down. Tonight she didn't even really cry at all. She did ask for her "b" but I told her that it went bye-bye and she seemed to understand that (she waved bye and everything). Although it may be premature I think we're BInKy FreE!
Once we got home it was tough to go binky free with Josh around - daddy is such a softie!! So, with Josh starting Cardiology last Monday I decided it was time to go for it. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday she didn't get a binky for nap time and did just fine. Last night I decided to add bed time and it only took her maybe 5 minutes to calm down. Tonight she didn't even really cry at all. She did ask for her "b" but I told her that it went bye-bye and she seemed to understand that (she waved bye and everything). Although it may be premature I think we're BInKy FreE!




6 comments:
Yeah, that's so exciting!
Wow Abs GREAT JOB! I am in love with the binky, but at the same time, I hate it... I may have to wait until we get into our house to get rid of it, but I don't know, maybe I should just try to get rid of it now. Great job!
Hurray for being Binky Free!!! I almost wish that Audrey was still taking a binky instead of sucking her thumb. That way, I could get rid of the binky...cuz obviously I can't get rid of her thumb:-) If you know any tricks to stopping thumb-sucking, PLEASE let me know!
Way to go! That is a big step! She's growing up. I'm glad it went so well.
That's so funny. We just took Meagan's away tonight. Jason cut off the tip and told her it was broken. She wanted to throw it in the trash. We gave her the binky holder to hang onto and she seemed to be ok. I guess we'll have to take that away some time too.:) It's so nice to not be dependant on anything!
I am thoroughly impressed! That's all.
Post a Comment