Thursday, January 01, 2009

Utah Holiday

We just got back from our fun Christmas holiday in Utah. We were able to see family and friends, have enough cold weather and snow to last until next winter and even made it to see the lights downtown Salt Lake City.

Bundled up and ready for the snow. It snowed almost every other day we were there!

First snowball (with a little help from Josh).

Visiting grandpa Pollei at work for lunch one day - there were 4 different Christmas trees for Tienna to ooh and aah over in one room!

The traditional Christmas Eve pj's in front of the tree at grandma and grandpa Vandersteen's.

Despite Tienna's sudden interest in talking she couldn't manage "Merry Christmas" so we settled for "ho ho ho!". She loved the soft Santa hat.

Uncle Austin teaching Tienna how to eat olives off her fingers. Is it more fun to put them on or eat them off?

Christmas morning it took a bit to show Tienna how stockings work. By the bottom she definitely had the hang of it.

Aren't those some gorgeous beads?

Tienna loved it so much she had to help daddy open our stocking too.

"You think I'll smile for a picture with all these presents right here?? Think again mom."

Breakfast Christmas morning with the Vandersteen's - Tienna, Josh, Roger (Josh's dad) and Great-Grandpa Vandersteen. Note the new cheesy smile :)

Playing the piano at grandma Pollei's.


Time for the toes too!

Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Moffat (my mom's parent's).


Arms folded ready for prayers (another of Tienna's new favorites).

Tienna's first time at Temple Square with all the lights. It was a freezing cold night but we managed to bundle up enough to stay warm.

Grandma and Grandpa Pollei.

Borrowing Uncle McKay's ipod.

After a few minutes she finally decided to share with McKay.

One night Josh put a dish of m&m's down to see what Tienna would do. Let's just say she's a chocolate girl without any question.

The end result.

10 comments:

jeremy and steph said...

Love all the pics!!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time...
Jumbled thoughts:
Tienna is a natural pianist!...pretty pics of her playing...it will be fun if she really does end up playing to have those later on :)
I love all the Temple Square lights too. We never managed to make it out there :(
MK got beads for Christmas too, we will have to have a bead party! :)
Aren't our girls just getting soOoo old...it is unbelievable!

Brandy said...

Ab, those are delightful pics, even if they do include snow. I always enjoy snow a little if kids are involved. I have a funny story to tell you that goes along with my music post and your blog. Shoot me your email address at brandyheiner@gmail.com, so I can tell you. I am amazed at how much older Tienna (and other girls her age) seem than Mason. They are only a month apart, but she is leaps and bounds more developed in certain areas. She's darling. Mason doesn't know many words, but m&m is one he knows WELL!

Kim said...

It looks like you all had a BLAST in Utah! I'm a bit jealous that you guys were able to have a white X-mas AND we weren't:-( Although I'm sure your happy to switch the snow for 70 degree weather! The lights at Temple Square looked GORGEOUS (like always)! And I LOVED Tienna all dressed up in her winter-gear...TOO CUTE:-)
We'll have to hang out now that your back! We missed you guys!

Heather said...

It looks like you guys kept busy and had fun. The snow looks wonderful! I'm glad you made it home safely.

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

So fun! I have wanted to tell you we got rock band 2. We will have to get together again. Next time Addie will act a little more nice.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

She is such a little girl, what a cutie. I am lovin the ipod picture, she could practically be a teenager! Looks like a fun Christmas break, if you are ever in town for a long break, call me and we'll get the kiddos together. We will miss being so close to you guys!

Morgan, Lindsay, Max and London said...

Those Temple Square pictures are beautiful! I bet it was so fun to be home for Christmas! And that pic of Tienna with the toilet paper is priceless! She is so adorable!

Criscell said...

CUTE pics, Abbie! I love the one of Tienna playing the piano with her toes. What a little doll. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!

Brett and Rachel said...

The only reason I have so many pics of us doing things is because I don't have anything else to take pictures of! I'm sure that will change someday when I have little kids to take pics of, but for now, we have LOTS of pictures of just US! :)
BTW, I LOVE the pic of Tienna with the ipod. That is hilarious!

Janessa said...

We are so glad that we got to see you guys while you were in town! It was great to get together. We miss you guys! Tienna was so cute and has grown so much since last summer when we last saw her. Hopefully we can catch up more often than every 6 months, huh?