Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Busy busy

I can't believe it's already February! The past couple weeks have been a complete whirlwind at our house. We sold our Pilot so Tienna and I had an unplanned trip to UT that ended up lasting a week (during which it snowed roughly 10 inches!). We found a new car and drove it back to AZ (thanks again for road tripping with us Annette and Roger!) Josh finished Cardiology and is now doing another Internal Medicine rotation (this time at St. Joseph's). Last week I got to teach in Relief Society and this Sunday we're speaking in Sacrament (wouldn't you think after living in our ward almost 3 years we'd get out of the new member speaking assignment??). Tienna is loving the weather and is no longer content with hanging out with mom every day. Whew! No wonder I've been exhausted lately! :)



Anyway, things should calm back down to normal soon which I think we're all excited for! Tienna is growing up so fast Josh and I can hardly believe it. She's talking up a storm and surprisingly I can actually understand most of what she says (to others it probably sounds like gibberish). Just the other day she started calling me "Abbie" instead of "mommy" and Josh "Josh" instead of "dada". We decided it's probably from being around family who call us our names vs mommy or dada. It just goes to show you that nothing gets by her! Other than that, we're just loving our sunny February full of hikes and walks to the park. Here's a couple pics from our trip.
The inevitable cheesy grin. Tienna and Jessie have matching velor suits so we had to take a picture! (side note; Jessie and Steve are offically getting married thie summer, congrats!)
The bread is way more exciting than taking a picture!


Wearing Marisa's beautiful beads!

Kalise (and Brian) were great helps feeding Tienna during Sunday dinner. During dessert Tienna decided it was her turn to give Kalise a bite (which she's very excited about as you can see)! (another side note, Kalise is offically pregnant with their first bundle of joy, yea!!)

7 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

You guys are so cute Abs! What kind of car did you end up getting?

Amber said...

I love the way Tienna always as her tongue sticking out, it's so adorable!

cvtippetts said...

So fun to see the cute pictures! enjoy the warm weather for us...

Davenport family said...

Happy Belated Bday To You! I just love Tienna's cheesy smile. It makes me laugh! I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Ut.! Congrats! to your sister Jessie. Yea.. I am happy she is getting married then we will for sure be seeing you this summer. Love you! give xoxoxo to Tienna!!

Chris said...

Yeah you sold your pilot! I can't wait to see your new one!!! I'm so happy for you because I know how much you wanted a new one with leather seats and more bells and whistles to last through school and I don't blame you. Yeah!!!

Brandy said...

I'm so sorry that I missed you while you were here. Let me know next time, if possible. I would love to see Tienna and Mason play. Congrats on the new car (a new Pilot??). I love new cars!
When was your bday? Happy Birthday!! If we were friends on Facebook, I wouldn't have missed such an important date! Ü
PS - I LOVE the name Kalise. What a pretty name she has.

Janessa said...

Wow! You really have been a busy bee. Awesome on the new car though! I'm jealous of your weather. Seriously.... done with winter here in UT.