Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Sunny AZ Days

We've had a fun weekend. Josh surprised us and came home for some time with his girls. Tienna was really missing dad and has realized that he's gone again. This morning I had to wake her up early to get Jessie to the airport. While she was still all cuddly I asked her if she slept good and had good dreams. All she would say was 'daddy ... happy', 'daddy ... happy'. I guess she had a good dream about being with her daddy. So cute!
Jessie came down for conference and a break from the UT weather. We got to relax by the pool, hike, walk and even get some good homework done. She was so great to play with Tienna and give her lots of attention, loves and hugs. Thanks for visiting Jessie - we love you and miss you already! All day Tienna's been asking for you then remembering that you went 'bye bye' on the 'airpane'.
After dropping Jessie at the airport, Tienna and I hung out over in the east valley for a little while waiting for a ribbon store to open. We ran some errands at Target - which is always fun :) - and went to the temple. Lately Tienna's favorite song has been "I Love to See the Temple" so I figured we'd go and see it (while it's not busy and we could get a parking spot since it's closed for a couple weeks). I wasn't sure if she understood when I told her we were going to the temple but sure enough, when we came around the corner and could see it she got all excited and started saying 'temple, temple!!' She absolutely loved running around on the grass, smelling the flowers, watching the birds and bugs and going up and down stairs. We even enjoyed the rehearsal music from the Easter pageant practice. I wish we lived closer so Tienna could see the temple more ..... maybe someday.
My favorite picture of the morning .... I love her cheesy smiles!
Smelling the flowers - she kept calling them pretty.


I had to try a picture of both of us cause it was such a pretty day! There was no one else around so .... not the best picture but ok. It was tough getting Tienna to look at the camera.


"Cheese"


This is how she was the entire time at the temple - wide eyes taking everything in.



Tienna found a bee that she followed around. Instead of saying 'buzz' she says 'beeeeee'. I can't help but smile!!


Hugging a tree - she kept trying to hug the flowers but that didn't work so well.


Tienna loves being an independent big girl - complete with eating on the same plates Josh and I use ...



We had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream the morning of conference - Tienna loved the whipped cream and got it everywhere!

1 comment:

Criscell said...

Those pics of Tienna by the temple are darling. We used to live 2 min. away from the temple in Idaho Falls and I LOVED driving by it all the time. I miss that a lot.