Last week was my birthday. I'm not one who thrives being the center of attention and so birthday's have never been a huge deal for me. This year's was pretty low key but ended up being lots of fun stretched out over several days. On Tuesday a group of us got together and went out for lunch - thanks again Kim for putting it together! Wednesday morning I had a doctor's appointment and Josh was sweet enough to get the morning off so he could come too and see the 3D ultrasound of our new little one. (After that he had a long day of a facial reconstructive surgery and didn't get home until after 7.) Tienna and I got to hang out and made some yummy waffles complete with strawberries, blueberries, bananas and a some whipping cream for dinner. I think it might have been one of my favorite birthday dinners ever! :) Josh ended up having Thursday and Friday off (his doctor was moving offices) so we had lots of time to hang out, go to the zoo and I even escaped to the library for a study session. Friday night Josh planned our date night by setting up the babysitter and taking me out for some delicious Thai food (I love yellow curry!) and a movie. It was so nice to have a little something each day and spread the birthday fun out over an entire week rather than squish it all into one or two days.
Tienna was fascinated by the giant tortise. It came right up to the fence and was trying to get out in front of us which she loved!
Playing on the Little People animals.
I love this picture - finally a normal, cute, not-too-cheesy smile!
Also, I have to say Josh spoiled me too much - he got me a cricut and a little laminator so I can finally finish some projects that have been hanging around for a while and start some others I've got planned for after I'm done with school. Talk about a sweetie who knows the way to his wife's heart!




7 comments:
How fun. I'm glad you got spoiled. You deserve it. I'm amazed at all you do. You have a husband in medical school, a toddler, pregnant again, R.S. Secretary, and you're doing school. I swear, you're superwoman.
can i just say that picture of tienna is the CUTEST picture i've ever seen of her!!
good job josh :) you can get your fav sister in law a cricut for my bday too! hahahaha
You deserved every spoiled moment of your birthday week. Happy Birthday, cute girl. You'll be amazed at how much you use the Cricut for church stuff.
And when did you decide to go back to school? Are you cRaZy?
Happy belated birthday! Love the pic of Tienna!
Happy belated Birthday!! I'm glad you were able to do lunch and get spoiled by your hubby for your birthday! You definitely deserve it. Tienna is such a cutie and your new little one is going to be just as cute
I just realized that I never told you congratulations on your new little baby! I think I saw the post when you announced it back in October and I thought I left a comment but I just checked and I never did. Sorry about that. I am so dang excited for you guys. I think it will be so much fun to have 2 little girls in your household. Tienna will be a great big sister.
That zoo looks like a fun place to hang out, wish we had one. Stella would have a heart attack to see animals in real life. Guess we'll have to take a trip up to SLC to Hogle Zoo this Spring.
Love ya!
Hey Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad it was a good one!
Post a Comment