It's been just over a week since little Kiara was born and it's already hard to imagine things without her. We feel so blessed to have her in our family! Life is great and we're all adjusting to being a family of 4 - Tienna to sharing attention, me to not sleeping quite as much and Josh to having 2 girls to give 'loves and hugs' to all the time. We are lucky enough to have had both grandma's come visit and help out and it has made all the difference in the world. Grandma Vandersteen came the day before Kiara was born; Tienna was in absolute heaven with daily walks, trips to the park and swimming at the pool. It was so nice to know she had plenty of attention and not feel guilty while Kiara took most of my time and attention. Grandma Pollei came this week and has been a good sport reading books (including a new favorite that has to be read 10 times each day), working on projects and going for walks. Thank you to both grandma's, we're so glad you could come meet our newest addition!


We've started venturing out on errands this week and it's been an adjustment having 2 little ones to keep track of. Kiara is a mellow little baby and is already eating, sleeping and traveling wonderfully. She's a long and skinny little thing compared to Tienna and is just starting to have more awake time. Tienna absolutely adores her little sister and is very attentive. Here's the first couple of many more pictures to come and a couple of others catching up...
Proud daddy : ) Dr. Erickson was kind enough to let Josh deliver Kiara; here they are not long after she was born.

Ready to go home. Kiara was born Wednesday night and we got to go home Thursday night. Hooray for sleeping in my own bed!

Tienna meets Kiara. When we got home from the hospital Tienna was in bed but not asleep. She heard Kiara and immediately wanted to know who was at her house. We let her come out and hold her for a bit, she loved it and didn't want to go back to bed. (There's a definite possibility that she was just getting out of going back to bed...)

Tienna will finally wear a shirt - but only this one! It's a huge feat considering her affinity for dresses and skirts.
Here's some of the questions I get asked every day by Tienna now:

Is this too close?

Isn't she a cutie?

Is this kiss soft enough?
So far Tienna absolutely loves being a big sister. She's a great helper and is always concerned when Kiara cries, even for a second. I hope this continues, even after Tienna realizes that Kiara is here to stay!
Last but not least, a picture of Tienna in her Easter dress... can you tell she's a fan of dressing up?
11 comments:
What beautiful girls you have! Tienna looks so proud and happy to have Kiara! Woo Hoo! I'm so happy for your little family. Bravo, Abs, bravo!
I love Tienna's "questions." So cute!
"Is this too close!" - that is the cutest thing ever, not to mention such a pretty picture of Tienna. Wow, Kiara is beautiful! I forget how tiny they are! So cool that Josh got to deliver her. I hope things continue to go well.
What a priceless blog Abbie! I loved Tienna's questions and the new pictures of Kiara. She is so tiny and sweet! We wish we could be there to give her kisses and hugs! Tell Tienna she looks beautiful in her Easter dress. Her hair reminds me a lot of Gracelyn's hair. Love you all.
Love that closeup pic of Kiara. Precious!
Abbie, I LOVE this post! It's so tender. Your girls are amazing and so are you both! I still can't believe you were at church on Sunday. Your whole family is beautiful, and I'm so glad I got to meet Kiara and talk about her with Tienna before we moved!
The girls are beautiful! What an amazing lady you are! I can't believe you've been out running errands already! I'm glad to hear you're feeling well.
Tienna is so cute with her! I LOVE the new pictures. Kiara is SO tiny! How exciting to have 2 girls!
Glad you're adjusting so well! Your girls are darling!
Kiara is beautiful! I love the picture of Tienna in her Easter dress, so cute! I am excited to see and visit with you tomorrow!
Tienna is a great big sister and Kiara is such a mellow baby! It's was fun too see you all! Congratulations to Josh you are just about done!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment