It's been a bit since my last post - I'm definitely up for a little catching up. To start off, here's one about my 2 little girls...
We just took the girls to the doctor this week for their 3 year and 4 month well-check visits. I can still hardly believe I have 2 little girls, they're getting so big! Here's a little summary of the kiddos.
Tienna:
Though we were a few months late, her stats were:
39 1/2" tall (85th percentile)
39 lbs (93rd percentile)
- She LOVES to dance, dress up, sing, twirl and all things girl. Seriously, she's 200% girl and then some.
- She constantly talks and is quite efficient at expressing herself which I'm a huge fan of!
- She loves using big words. She picks them up from everywhere and will use them several times over a couple days until she gets the context right and then it becomes standard in her vocab. When that happens I can't help but smile.
- She is a fantastic big sister. Anything she can do to help with Kiara she does without any hesitation. She's great at giving hugs, kisses and letting me know when Kiara is fussy.
- She has endless energy. Seriously, I wish I had half of her energy!
- She loves to laugh and is typically smiling. She is really a pretty happy kid (with her few cranky moments in between) and honestly loves to be tickled, especially by Josh.
- She loves to remind me that she's a big girl. She reminds me of this multiple times every day :)
- She loves to dress up. She's still a huge fan of dresses, tutus and anything that twirls.
- She has quite the imagination - right now we're in full swing with the imaginary friends. We have to remember them buckling up in the car, riding in shopping carts at the store, tucking in for bed at night and everything else. At night she talks to them to make sure they've had a good day. I love sitting outside her door and listening to these conversations:)
- She loves to color and draw. This is how we survived the drive to Salt Lake - she colors for hours on end.
- She's fearless when it comes to playing on playgrounds, wrestling with Josh and running around at the park but has moments when there's nothing she wants but for me to hold her.
- She will eat anything we give her - she loves all veggies but fruits are still the favorite. She also has a definite soft spot for peanut M&M's (just like her dad!).
Kiara:
24 inches (26th percentile)
14.1 lbs (48th percentile)
- She is still my skinny little baby but is starting to remind me more of Tienna when she was a baby.
- She is getting more vocal every day, especially when she sees her big sister.
- She smiles all the time - every time she does it melts my heart.
- She has been rolling for almost a month and prefers to play while laying on her side rather than on her back now.
- She has a knack for falling asleep whenever we're in the car - again, this is how we survived the drive to UT :)
- She likes to sing along when Tienna's singing. I can just imagine what this will be like in a couple of years!
- She's getting very predictable with naps during the day but still has yet to sleep through the night (however, we started solids this week so hopefully that will help!)
- She loves going for walks in the stroller.
- She is a VERY cuddly baby. Tienna wasn't so I'm loving that Kiara will let me hold and cuddle her just about anytime. She will even fall asleep in my arms, again something Tienna never did.
- She loves her thumb/fist. I'm having to work hard to keep her from being a serious thumb sucker! Luckily, she's starting to be more of a fan of her binky.
- She is starting to have favorite toys, blankets, etc. I love seeing her personality and preferences start to come out!




8 comments:
They are both so stinkin cute. Miss you guys.
How sweet. They're getting so big. We miss you guys.
Oh Abbie, they are both so dang adorable!!! Love the imaginary friends and the big vocab words, too cute!!!
I absolutely love that picture of Tienna! The updates are so fun and give me lots to look forward to. Keep up the updates; I love hearing what everyone is doing!
Cute post. It's fun that they're both at really cute ages. Although isn't every age the cutest?
What beautiful girls you have. I hope things are going well for you guys! Please give everyone hugs and kisses from their NC relatives. :)
Your girls are so sweet and adorable!!!
So fun to read the updates on your sweet girls. They are adorable Abbie!
Post a Comment