So Tienna caught something from a friend at Josh's basketball game last weekend and since then it's been making the rounds in our family. At first we thought it was just her, and by Monday Josh and I were both feeling fine so I took her to the doctor and sure enough she has an ear infection on top of croup. Well, Tuesday brought a whole different story. Needless to say today we're all home (Josh didn't even go to school). We've all had a couple of naps and even watched a movie together which hardly ever happens so it's been kinda fun if that's possible right now.
From all of this I have a question for anyone who has any advice with this ..... Tienna still has a terrible cough that just won't go away. It's so hard and deep sometimes she can't even catch her breath. I feel so helpless just holding her and watching her struggle. So far we've tried: the humidifier (any time she's in her room), saline nasal spray, water (which actually sometimes makes it worse), and at night even some children's benadryl (which the nurse practitioner said would help dry everything out so her throat isn't so full of guck). What else can I try?? At this point I'm desperate and will do anything to get Tienna feeling better.
From all of this I have a question for anyone who has any advice with this ..... Tienna still has a terrible cough that just won't go away. It's so hard and deep sometimes she can't even catch her breath. I feel so helpless just holding her and watching her struggle. So far we've tried: the humidifier (any time she's in her room), saline nasal spray, water (which actually sometimes makes it worse), and at night even some children's benadryl (which the nurse practitioner said would help dry everything out so her throat isn't so full of guck). What else can I try?? At this point I'm desperate and will do anything to get Tienna feeling better.




3 comments:
SO sorry you guys! Wish I had some good advice for you! Sounds like you're doing everything right. Hang in there!
Oh I hate that Abs! Lance's cold seriously lasted so long. Do you use the bulb syringe. He HATED it, but it really helped getting all the gook out of his nose. We also propped him up while he slept, like put a couple of blankets under his sheet where his head goes, because I hear that helps all the goop drain. I also heard if you feed her a little water AFTER you feed her milk, it helps. Hope she gets feeling better ASAP!
Oh that is sooo awful! I'm so sorry that you guys are sick! Do you need dinner? I don't know if Tienna is old enough, and I know it sounds like an old wives tale, but Max had a terrible cough a couple of weeks ago and we rubbed Vick's vapor rub on his chest, and he slept through the night finally without waking up coughing. I am SO sorry! I hope you guys get better!
Post a Comment