Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Festivities

This year February brought a collective sigh at our house. Josh finally has a little better rotation where the girls get to see him every day. The weather is warming up to the point that open windows and trips to the park are routine again. Add to that a birthday and Valentine's and we've been keeping plenty busy :)

I turned 28 on the 3rd and I loved it because Tienna was SO excited. I'm not quite sure why but she was all about my birthday - she loved helping me open presents and was so anxious about the birthday candles she blew them out for me before "Happy Birthday" was finished. Oh how I love that girl!!


Next up, Valentine's Day. I came up with a couple of projects to help keep Tienna busy (she's all about projects right now) that turned out cute. I think my favorite was our 'heart attack' window, which I completely forgot to take a picture of before we took it down. Anyway, the window was covered in colored hearts with four huge hearts - one for each family member - that Tienna masterfully decorated. Below those were smaller hearts that listed things we love about that person. It was so fun seeing what everyone listed; it's always good to have little reminders why you're loved :)

No comments: