Wednesday, February 16, 2011

finally...

I'm finally getting around to this whole updating the blog thing. Honestly, I've been thinking about it for weeks but life lately has been a little unpredictable and just a tad overwhelming at times lately. From Christmas through the third week of January we were all sick (picture at least two of us sick at all times), had a quick trip to Utah, my turn teaching Sharing Time all month, a teething baby, and Josh finishing back to back months of intense call schedule. Add to that any attempt to keep the house clean/organized, kids who aren't sick entertained and every other bit of day to day life and it's no wonder it took so long to get back in the groove of things. All I can say is yea for February!! 

February may bring yet another call month for Josh and likely another trip to Utah to finally finish my darn tooth but I'm trying to make a more conscious effort to have a positive attitude about things. I've always imagined myself as someone with a positive outlook on life but somehow in the last 6 months that has changed and definitely not for the better. After a couple of months of feeling that I'm not living up to my potential it's time to finally do this and push myself. It's amazing what honestly examining where you are at in life compared to where you want to be helps you realize, so here goes!

Just as a tidbit of things to come, this might be one of my favorite pictures from the past couple months.

1 comment:

jeremy and steph said...

oh abbie, you are amazing! glad you have to push yourself, at least a little, to make yourself so great! (makes the rest of us feel better!) I'm excited to get caught up on your cute little family :)