Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tag!

So I've been tagged and now get to share 7 things that describe who I am. I was tagged by Siri, you can see her 7 things at http://seanandsiri.blogspot.com/. Here we go .....

1 - I absolutely love being a mom. Tienna is truly one of the greatest blessings in my life in so many ways. Yes, there are moments when I would love a break but they are few and far between. It amazes me how much Tienna is just what I need - her little personality is so cute and she truly is my little angel who helps me get through the day.
2 - I hate being pregnant. Hopefully this will be an opinion that changes with pregnancies in the future, but there was not one thing I enjoyed about being pregnant with Tienna. Between the 7 months of morning sickness, the lack of sleep and the constant worry that everything is ok I was stressed in a very serious way my entire pregnancy. (It might have had something to do with Josh being in medical school or me working and still trying to do everything else but I'm convinced that even without those factors I still couldn't have handled the morning sickness). 3 - My husband amazes me each and every day. Josh is honestly one of the most inspirational people I have ever met. I know that is sounds super cheesy but he motivates me to be a little bit better and work that much harder at whatever I'm involved in. Somehow during the end of the above mentioned pregnancy while preparing for finals he would manage to come home from school, make dinner, help with laundry, cleaning, etc., and still have energy to study and do well in school. I am so blessed to have him in my life and I couldn't make it without him! 4 - I love to workout because of the way I feel afterwards. Maybe it's because it reminds me of my soccer days when I was way more physically fit, maybe it's because I think I'm getting closer to that elusive "goal weight", or maybe it's because when I'm working out I can completely zone out and just let my thoughts wander. Either way, I wish I could spend more time running and love every opportunity I get to go workout. 5 - My favorite hobby is cooking. I have always enjoyed cooking for pretty much as long as I can remember. I know it sounds wierd but I love finding a new receipe and having it turn out just the way I hoped it would! Plus, it helps me unwind and relax. When I got married it gave me that much more incentive to really get out there and try new things and while it has been very challenging at times (and still is!) I love it. I hope someday to have a serious kitchen because let's be honest, what family event isn't better with good munchies?? 6 - My little sister is one of my best friends. When we were both younger (in elementary, jr high and high school) we shared a room and would have moments but for the most part our lives were different enough that we didn't have anything in common. Now that we're older 4 years isn't quite the difference it once was. I absolutely love my little sister and honestly talk to her a couple of times a day. She always knows how to make me laugh and she constantly amazes me with all she does in 24 hours. (she's the one on the right)

7 - Someday I hope to travel the world with Josh. Because of my background in Art History and Josh's mission in Cambodia there literally isn't a place in the world that we don't want to see. We've been lucky enough to go to some amazing beaches so far but I can hardly wait for the day we can go to Europe, Africa and southeast Asia.

Ok, so here are the lucky people who are now tagged and get to tell everyone a little more about them!

1- Jessie Pollei - http://jessicapollei.blogspot.com/
2- Jason and Heather Pollei - http://pollei.blogspot.com/
3- Taylor and Amber Pollei - http://polleifamily.blogspot.com/
4- Tawni Smith - http://smithfamilysynopsis.com/
5- Carlie Skinner - http://skinners05.blogspot.com/
6- Heidi Mortenson -
http://heidersandmikers.blogspot.com/
7- My mom, Becky - http://beckyandstevepollei.blogspot.com/

Now you get to share 7 things about you, put on a link to my page (like I did to Siri's) and tag 7 other people by listing their names on your blog as well as leaving comments on their blogs.

1 comment:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

I loved reading your Tag. It really gets others to know more about another. Anytime you want to workout. Let me know. And Tienna is such a sweet girl. She is adorable.