Tuesday, October 23, 2007

4 Months Old!!!

Today Tienna is 4 months old!! When I was little my mom took picutres of me and all my siblings in this pose and I think it's absolutely darling so of course I decided to follow suit with Tienna. Josh thinks it's somewhat incriminating but we decided that the younger she is the less embarassing they would be in 15 or 20 years. I love the last one - she kept rolling over and would just look at me like she couldn't believe I wanted to take more pictures.



I can hardly believe that Tienna's been here for 4 whole months! We love her to pieces but it has definitely been one of those days. This morning she had a doctor's appointment to get her checkup and immunizations but all morning she was just being cranky, almost like she knew what was coming. She actually did very well at the doctor's office and the shots only seemed to bother her for a minute or two afterwards. She's officially 14 lbs. 2 oz. (which puts her in the 60th percentile for weight) and 24 3/4 inches tall (which puts her at the 75th percentile for height). My guess is that by Thanksgiving she'll have doubled her birth weight!

So Josh and I have been super excited to have Tienna try solid food for the first time and after visiting the pediatrician he said it would be fine to start. Yea!!! Here's a couple of pictures from her first adventure with rice cereal. It took her only a little bit to figure out that she likes it, now we just need to work on the actual eating process - she thinks she can suck a spoon like a bottle.


This was her look right after the first bite. As you can see probably a good 90% came right back out.

Trying to figure out the whole spoon thing.

Always eager for anything to do with food!

Josh won out as to being the one who got to feed her first while I got to take the pictures. I'm sure it won't take her too long at all to figure out eating solid foods. Until then, I just hope that the immunizations don't bother her too much and that she stays healthy!

3 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

She is so cute. Trying the new foods is always so much fun. I loved her halloween costume tonight.

Heather said...

She is so cute! But what else would you expect from a Pollei and a Vandersteen?!

Jason and Tawni said...

Abbs!
I LOVE the solid food pictures! Tienna is so cute and I think it's darling to see Josh holding her and feeding her. You guys sure make a darling little family!